Xen Project and the FOSS Outreach Program
The Xen Project Advisory Board will be sponsoring one intern for Round 10 of the GNOME Outreach Program which runs from May 25, 2015 to August 25, 2015. The Outreach Program helps people from groups underrepresented in free and open source software get involved. This program is an expansion of the Outreach Program for Women (OPW) and this round is open to all participants of the Ascend Project (not just women) regardless of gender. Our goal is to increase the participation of underrepresented groups in the Xen Project. It is a continuation of the very successful GNOME Outreach Program for Women and we are running the program in conjunction with GNOME and other prominent open source projects.
Information For Applicants
How To Apply
The official application period for Outreach Program Round 10 begins February 17. Please fill our your application and complete your Xen Project patch by March 24. Applicants that do not complete the first patch will not be considered for an internship. Please take a look at our application FAQ for more info on how to fill our your initial application. Applicants will be notified by November 12th if they have been accepted.
If you are interested in being a Xen Project intern, please:
- Join the xen-devel mailing list. Depending on the project you choose, you may also need to join xen-api or firstname.lastname@example.org (do check the information in the project). Check the list directory.
- Join the #opw IRC channel on irc.gnome.org
- Join the #xen-opw IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
- Read our instructions for applying, and apply by XXXOctober 22nd.
- Ask one of our friendly developers on for a bite size bug or work item. This can be reviewing somebodies code, submitting a patch, or similar and will need to be done by October 22nd.
Community Reviewed Project List
Here is some links to guides, tools, development flows etc.
- All Developer Information
- Xen Project Overview
- Submitting Xen Patches with Git
- Xen Beginners Guide
- Introduction to Git
Information For Mentors