Xen Project and Outreachy
The Xen Project Advisory Board will be sponsoring one intern for Round 10 of Outreachy (formerly known as the GNOME Outreach Program) which runs from May 25, 2015 to August 25, 2015. Outreachy helps people from groups underrepresented in free and open source software get involved. Our goal is to increase the participation of underrepresented groups in the Xen Project. It is an expansion of the very successful GNOME Outreach Program for Women and we are running the program in conjunction with GNOME and other prominent open source projects.
Information For Applicants
How To Apply
The official application period for Outreachy Round 10 begins February 17. Please fill our your application and complete your Xen Project patch by March 24. Applicants that do not complete the first patch will not be considered for an internship. Please take a look at our application FAQ for more info on how to fill our your initial application. Applicants will be notified in April if they have been accepted.
If you are interested in being a Xen Project intern, please:
- Join the xen-devel mailing list. Depending on the project you choose, you may also need to join xen-api or email@example.com (do check the information in the project). Check the list directory.
- Join the #opw IRC channel on irc.gnome.org
- Join the #xen-opw IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
- Read our instructions for applying, and apply by March 24.
- Ask one of our friendly developers on for a bite size bug or work item. This can be reviewing somebody's code, submitting a patch, or similar and will need to be done by March 24.
Community Reviewed Project List
Here is some links to guides, tools, development flows etc.
- All Developer Information
- Xen Project Overview
- Submitting Xen Patches with Git
- Xen Beginners Guide
- Introduction to Git
Information For Mentors
Please review the mentor information here