Archived/Xen Development Projects
- 1 List of projects
- 1.1 Domain support
- 1.2 Hypervisor
- 1.3 Userspace Tools
- 1.3.1 Refactor Linux hotplug scripts
- 1.3.2 XL to XCP VM motion
- 1.3.3 Allowing guests to boot with a passed-through GPU as the primary display
- 1.3.4 Advanced Scheduling Parameters
- 1.3.5 CPU/RAM/PCI diagram tool
- 1.3.6 KDD (Windows Debugger Stub) enhancements
- 1.3.7 Lazy restore using memory paging
- 1.3.8 CPUID Programming for Humans
- 1.4 Mirage and XAPI projects
- 2 Quick links to changelogs of the various Xen related repositories/trees
This page lists various Xen related development projects that can be picked up by anyone! If you're interesting in hacking Xen this is the place to start! Ready for the challenge?
To work on a project:
- Find a project that looks interesting (or a bug if you want to start with something simple)
- Send an email to xen-devel mailinglist and let us know you started working on a specific project.
- Post your ideas, questions, RFCs to xen-devel sooner than later so you can get comments and feedback.
- Send patches to xen-devel early for review so you can get feedback and be sure you're going into correct direction.
- Your work should be based on xen-unstable development tree, if it's Xen and/or tools related. After your patch has been merged to xen-unstable it can be backported to stable branches (Xen 4.2, Xen 4.1, etc).
- Your kernel related patches should be based on upstream kernel.org Linux git tree (latest version).
xen-devel mailinglist subscription and archives: http://lists.xensource.com/mailman/listinfo/xen-devel
Before to submit patches, please look at Submitting Xen Patches wiki page.
If you have new ideas, suggestions or development plans let us know and we'll update this list!
List of projects
Upstreaming Xen PVUSB drivers to mainline Linux kernel
Implement Xen PVSCSI support in xl/libxl toolstack
Utilize Intel QuickPath on network and block path.
Enabling the 9P File System transport as a paravirt device
OVMF Compatibility Support Module support in Xen
Introducing PowerClamp-like driver for Xen
Integrating NUMA and Tmem
Refactor Linux hotplug scripts
XL to XCP VM motion
Allowing guests to boot with a passed-through GPU as the primary display
Advanced Scheduling Parameters
CPU/RAM/PCI diagram tool
KDD (Windows Debugger Stub) enhancements
Lazy restore using memory paging
CPUID Programming for Humans
Mirage and XAPI projects
There are separate wiki pages about XCP and XAPI related projects. Make sure you check these out aswell!
Create a tiny VM for easy load testing
Fuzz testing Xen with Mirage
From simulation to emulation to production: self-scaling apps
Towards a multi-language unikernel substrate for Xen
- XCP and XAPI development projects: XAPI project suggestions
- XCP short-term roadmap: XCP short term roadmap
- XCP monthly developer meetings: XCP Monthly Meetings
- XAPI developer guide: XAPI Developer Guide
Please see XenRepositories wiki page!