From the Ceph documentation:
"Whether you want to provide Ceph Object Storage and/or Ceph Block Device services to Cloud Platforms, deploy a Ceph Filesystem or use Ceph for another purpose, all Ceph Storage Cluster deployments begin with setting up each Ceph Node, your network and the Ceph Storage Cluster. A Ceph Storage Cluster requires at least one Ceph Monitor and at least two Ceph OSD Daemons. The Ceph Metadata Server is essential when running Ceph Filesystem clients."
Ceph can be used with the Xen Project Hypervisor.
- Florian Heigl has created a project to provide simplified Ceph support
- Using Ceph on DomUs
- A mailing list post on configuring QDISK RBD/Ceph backend parameters
- The technology preview for Ceph and XenServer using libvirt
- A generic article on configuring The RADOS Object Store and Ceph Filesystem for virtualization (including Xen Project) and cloud
- A generic article on Turning Ceph RBD Images into San Storage Devices